The FEI Titan Themis3 S/TEM is one of the most advanced electron microscopy platform to date, capable of imaging and spectroscopy at the atomic level. Equipped with multiple cameras and detectors, the Titan Themis provides simultaneous information about position, bonding, and composition of atoms, and can be used to obtain nm-resolution 3D reconstructions and electric field maps. The Titan is not an entry-level microscope and users requesting training should have significant experience on other instruments. A spring semester class is available to users.
- Operates in TEM and STEM mode
- Image+probe correctors for sub-A resolution
- Ultra-bright XFEG gun
- Voltage tunable 60-300 kV, suitable for beam-sensitive samples
- Monochromator, ZLP FWHM <0.2 eV for EELS
- High speed GIFfor large scale spectrum imaging and energy-filtered imaging
- High tilt holder for tomography & reconstruction software
- Cathodoluminescence holder
- 4K X 4K CMOS camera for fast large area imaging
- Super-X quad EDS detector for elemental analysis
- HAADF and triple DF/BF detectors for simultaneous imaging in STEM mode
You must have a FOM account before training. You must also complete SEA user forms.
For more information go to the EMC website.